December 1, 2007

#21 Podcasts, smodcasts

So the first thing i have to admit to is that until recently i believed podcasting was to do with iPods. Goes to show i really have learnt something!
So my 4 year old helped me choose podcasts. Unfortunately this meant listening to some bad adaptations of Christmas stories! David's bedtime stories.. not that fussed on them but he liked them! We even got to listen to "if you're happy and you know it" Then i made him listen to some Mary Poppins!
I have to really make myself look for library related stuff - fancy we have to think of work while we learn!
So i searched yahoo for library and books - and found a set up phone call to a public library - which is filed under comedy but i didnt find that funny!
So i found a "Librarian Live" show that is recorded in Texs - got to hear about fundraising.... not really the most riveting thing i found but it is amazing that you can find such obscure things.
That got me thinking and i remembered last year attending the Nancy pearl talk at SLV - so i thought i'd give it a go and look her up. I loved listening to her and found her inspirational so i was very happy to find some reviews on books from her. So i heard her review on setting up book clubs for kids. Very handy - and worth a read. I'll have to recommend it to our YS staff!
Very happy - i've added the RSS feed for nancy pearl to my bloglines - my life is complete!

No comments: