December 1, 2007

# 11 All about Library thing

What a fun idea. I'm a bit weirded out by the idea that you can see what people out there have read all the same books and may have the same thoughts on them as me. Would that make them kindred spirits?!

Well - easy to use and fun. I can see how easy it would be to get lost reading peoples thoughts on books. WHo needs to join book groups when you can do it annonymously!

I have some friends who have a "Library" at home full of books. They have catalogued them all and have their catalogue on their PDAs so that if they find a book and want to buy it they know if they already have it. I'm a bit scared to introduce them to "library thing" who knows where it might take them!

I've only added 5 of my all time favourite books. Once Learning 2.0 is complete i think i will go back and play some more.

No comments: